- 9am-1:30pm – Heats running at 10 minute intervals
- 1:40–2:30pm – Lunch break /catch up
- 2:30-4:00pm – The Lamma 500 signature 1,000 metre tournament
- 4:00-5:20pm – Finals
- 5:20pm – Prize Giving followed by Beach Party
- Cups and medals in the 500m for Open Men’s, Women’s, and Mixed Premier divisions (for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place).
- Cups and medals in the 500m Mixed Youth Race (for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place).
- Plates in the 500m for MixedPremier divisions (for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place).
- A Bowl in the Mixed Premier division (for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place).
- Cups and medals for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the Men’s, Women’s and Mixed Premier divisions.
500-metre Tournament – Outline
- A white flag is raised to signal that the race will begin within 2 minutes time. Boats are expected to line up and be ready to go.
- A red flag will be raised when boats are in alignment. The red flag shows that the start of the race is imminent.
- The race starter will call “Ready”, and then, to start the race, the starter will drop the red flag and sound an air horn.
- Teams “go” when the red flag drops. (Note: starter will not call “attention” in addition to “ready” call).
- The starter will blow the air-horn two times if a race start is deemed unfair, and signal for a restart.
1,000-Metre Tournament – Outline
- The Racing Course: The Racing Course is circulatory, with two straight sections and two turns in one circuit of the Course (see Map).
- Boats shall be started at intervals, that is, a ‘staggered’ start. The starter shall call each boat forward, and count them down to their start. The first crew should be positioned on the ‘right of the line’ looking up the course and 2-3-metres to the right of the lane marker.
- As a staggered start is used, the Start Times (based on intervals, not when the boats pass the start line marker) will be compared against the Finish Times recorded for crews. The resulting Time Differential will be used to calculate a crew’s actual Race Time. Any race Time Penalties incurred by a crew will then be added to give a crew its Gross Race Time.
Race Results 2019
Download the Lamma500 app for race results, team progressions and ferry schedule!
Other useful pages
- Race Venue & Getting There
- Schedule & Race Progression
- Participating Teams
- Previous Winners
- Sponsors & Supporters
- Photos from Previous Years
Answers to your FAQ
- STEERSMEN: $500 for full day per boat crew. Non-refundable. A steersman shall thereafter be made available to the crew all day. Crews cannot pick their steersman; the Race Marshals will assign one. This cost is applied per crew, not to an entire team.
- All race equipment, including paddles, will be provided. However, paddlers are welcome to use their own paddles so long as they comply with IDBF specifications.